Friday, January 28, 2011

Eat your veggies

Last night I had a craving for something light and healthy, so I made shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa. I swear, this pineapple stuff makes tacos so good, I highly recommend it. Also, try white corn tortiallas from La Toritilla Factory.
I also visited my favorite local produce mart yesterday and finally grabbed a few purple potatoes. I've seen them there before but never eaten one, so I figured I could come up with some way for them to go with the tacos. And they are loaded with color, so they have to have some health benefit, right? YES! They contain flavonoids (?) which basically help blood vessels and motor skills. Hooray!



I'm a pretty picky potato eater, so I decided to make my own version of potato crisps (sounds healthier than chips, huh?). After washing and drying the potatoes, thinly slice them and toss with olive oil. Spread them our on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, and bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes. I flipped them at that point, and then took them out about 10 or 15 minutes later...whenever they are getting crispy. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment